College Advisory Services:
College and Career/Major Selection: Professional counseling and assistance in selecting colleges to apply to, and majors to pursue. Aptitude and interest testing are optional.
Application Essay Services:
Assistance in developing and writing a college application essay that reflects the very best you have to offer.
In-depth counseling on what to anticpate during an admissions office interview. You obtain expert coaching on how to improve the way you interact, in a true-to-life interview mode.
Medical School and other Health Related Field Advisory
For both High School and College Students
Advisory can begin as early as High School—advisors can assist students in HS course selection and provide guidance in arranging for internships and volunteer work to help provide a strong foundation for application.
To best help prospective Medical and other health field interested students, the advisory team can provide the following support to current HS or college students:
- Medical School Selection– to include MD, MD/PhD, BA/MD, DO, Dental, as well as other health related programs.
- Candidacy Assessment– help identifying your strengths and weaknesses and how to capitalize on strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- Admissions Strategy– how to best differentiate yourself from other candidates, whether to retake the MCAT, etc.
- Personal Statement– help in writing a personalized essay to convey your best self.
- Interview Strategy– advisory of questions asked and mock interview practice.
Private School Advisory
If you’re looking into private schools for your child, call on us for professional counseling. Our guidance counselors help you determine:
- Whether private school would be best for your circumstances.
- Which schools would be best for your child, taking every factor into account.
- What to do to maximize the chance of acceptance.
Our counselors know nearby day schools a well as the distant boarding schools, including those out-of-state. They also know the schools and academies around the country which meet special needs.
Entrance Exam Preparation
Most private schools require applicants to take either the Secondary School Admissions Test or Independent School Entrance Exam. We offer preparation and instruction services for both the SSAT and the ISEE.